Help me hit a Bestseller List between MONDAY 9/7/20 and SUNDAY 9/13/20!
- Any time during the week of 9/7-9/13, buy DEBRIEFING THE DEAD for $0.99 at Amazon, Apple, BN or Google. (May be price-matched elsewhere, but I can’t guarantee it.)
- If you already own it, THANK YOU SO MUCH! And – please consider gifting it to someone who may enjoy it!
- If you aren’t tied to Amazon for your ebooks, please consider buying from Barnes & Noble or Apple. Most independent bestseller lists require a certain number of sales from those two retailers – you can’t hit their list, no matter how many sales you have, if those numbers are ONLY on Amazon!
- If you can’t buy it, no worries! But please consider leaving a review on Amazon or Goodreads, if you haven’t already, and/or recommending it to your family and friends. Just getting the word out is hugely important!
- If you’d like to help EVEN MORE, check out this page* for shareable graphics and social media posts. (* The page is live, but may be empty, if you’re viewing it on Sunday 9/6. :))
HELP ME MAKE A DREAM COME TRUE – PLEASE?
Three years ago, a lifelong dream came true for me. After decades of writing, I finally earned my first publishing contract, for DEBRIEFING THE DEAD (click here for blurb, reviews, etc.). This wasn’t the first book I wrote, but it’s most definitely the book of my heart – the one I wrote FOR ME, because I wanted to, not because I thought it fit some preconceived “market need.”
A few months later, in May 2018, it was finally released into the world. I didn’t know what to expect – heck, I didn’t even know what genre to call it, or if anyone other than my family and friends would read it. Trepidatiously, I sent it out to a few reviewers, and then waited…and waited…and waited. Finally, the first review came back – FIVE STARS. And then – another one! And another! And then the book began winning awards – in nationally-recognized fiction contests, including the Royal Palm Literary Award, InD’tale Magazine’s RONE Awards, and most recently, the Reader’s Favorite Fiction Award. Another dream come true – people WHO DIDN’T KNOW ME loved my book baby!
And then, in March 2019 an even BIGGER dream came true. I was at work (I’m a math teacher :)), five minutes before the bell would ring to start the day. I had been getting calls all morning on my cell from an unknown number, and noticed they’d finally left a voicemail. I decided to check it quickly – OMG. It was Hanna Rhys-Barnes from Romance Writers of America, telling me I MIGHT want to call her back, because she MIGHT have some exciting news for me. I still tear up, thinking about it! I ran outside to the bus loading zone and with shaking hands, dialed her back. It was true – DEBRIEFING THE DEAD, my DEBUT NOVEL, was a RITA® Award Finalist. (I didn’t win, but I don’t even care! Just being a finalist – with a first book – is HUGE!)
Now, I have a chance for DEBRIEFING THE DEAD to hit a Bestseller List – another lifelong dream. After two years of trying, I was finally selected for a BookBub Featured Deal (thousands apply, and only a few are selected). It goes out this week, and no matter what the final results are, this will likely be the biggest sales week for the book since it debuted. (The number of subscribers for this list, Supernatural Suspense, is just under 1.5 million!!!)
So, I need your help! I can’t do it without you – and I will be forever grateful, and will return the favor if and when you need it. Swearsies!! :) Now, I’m off to start refreshing my sales rankings every ten seconds or so for the next several days. :) I’ll report back and let you know how we did. Until then – one final time – I appreciate your support, and am so grateful to have you all in my corner!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)