OMG, look at all the Pretty Prizes you can win over at N.N. Light’s Dog Days of Summer Giveaway:
- Print copy of Prophesy: Book One of the Dragonfly Chronicles plus fun Highlander swag by Heather McCollum (US only)
- E-copy of A Balancing Act by Ilona Fridl
- Autographed print copy of Tainted Luck by Cynthia Austin + $5 Amazon gift card
- E-copy of Hearts Akilter by Catherine E. McLean
- 2 E-copy of Poetry of Love: The Engagement Year by N. N. Light
- E-copy of Dreamtime Sensuality I and II by David Russell
- E-copy of Debriefing the Dead (Book 1 of The Dead Series) by Kerry Blaisdell
- 2 E-copy of N. N. Light’s Book of Daily Inspiration by N. N. Light
- E-copy of Don’t Blame Me by Kay Blake
- E-copy of Tied Up With Strings by Madeline McEwan
- E-copy of Arresting Mason by Amber Daulton
- E-copy of The Queen of Paradise Valley by Cat Dubie
- E-copy of Ghost Girl by Catherine Mesick
- E-copy of You Dear Sweet Man by Thomas Neviaser
- E-copy of Once Broken by D. M. Hamblin
- E-copy of A Debt to the Devil by D. M. Hamblin
- E-copy of The Kitchen Imps by A. L. Butcher (Smashwords voucher)
- E-copy of The Colony and The Last City by RM Gilmour
- 5 E-copy of Tales of the Faie: The Beginning of Days by Diana L. Wicker
- 5 E-copy of Fire on the Mountain by Clabe Polk
- 5 E-copy of Dog Gone by Diane Moat
What are you waiting for?? Enter today!
Lots has been going on since last I posted. So much that I haven’t had time to post about it!
First of all, I need to mention that I’m doing another giveaway, over at Romancing the Book. Click here to read the interview, and enter to win one of three Amazon gift cards ($10, $5 and $5). They also posted a great review of DEBRIEFING THE DEAD – read it here.
Speaking of reviews I got some AWESOME news last week. DEBRIEFING THE DEAD got a 5-star review from InD’tale Magazine, and their Crowned Heart for Excellence! This means it’s eligible for entry into the RONE (Reward of Novel Excellence) Awards next year – SQUEE! (NOTE: As of this posting, they currently have my last name misspelled. The link above works, but if you go to their website directly, or open the magazine PDF, and search on my name, you won’t find me. You have to search by book title, until they get it fixed. 😦 )
And last but certainly not least, my amazing cover by the talented Rae Monet has been winning/placing in cover contests all over the web. First, it WON the June Moonlight and Mystery Cover Art contest!!! More info about the contest, and info on future entries, can be found here.
And second (literally! :)), it placed second in Affaire de Coeur Magazine‘s Uniquely Yours Cover Category! Our category got almost 4x as many votes as the other categories, and not only was it a close race, but the third place book was ALSO a Rae Monet design! So that tells you how great a designer she is!!!
Whew! What a couple of months this has been! I hope Summer is treating you all well. It’s been pretty damn good for me so far!! 🙂
Only two more days to enter the Paranormal Romance Guild’s New Release Giveaway for Amazon Gift Cards + Free Copies of DEBRIEFING THE DEAD!
FMI/to enter, go to http://bit.ly/KBPRGNewRelease by tomorrow, Saturday June 16, 2018!!!
Love Romance Reads (loveromancereads.com) is a new website, connecting readers to authors, and vice versa. It’s an amazing, diverse community, with wonderful folks doing all kinds of cool stuff. And their Grand Opening Bash starts TODAY! Videos, author takeovers of the FB group, and more! (My day is June 12—AND I DID A VIDEO INTERVIEW! Eep!)
But not only is it all fun and games, it’s also PRIZES! You could win: A Kindle Fire 8 HD, Amazon Gift Cards, autographed books, hand-knitted scarves…it goes on and on! FMI/to enter: http://bit.ly/LoveRRGOBash
Check out my #Booksigning & #LaunchParty for DEBRIEFING THE DEAD @JansPaperbacks in #BeavertonOR! June 2 – 11a-2p. Chocolate, swag & chance to win FREE stuff! https://t.co/WJn82swfyl @KATUNews @KGWNews @fox12oregon @KOINNews @PdxPipeline @wilwrite #paranormal #ghost #urbanfantasy pic.twitter.com/JjDS4cbsDU
— Kerry Blaisdell (@kerryblaisdell1) May 27, 2018
I published part of this as a bite on Book+Main, but I thought y’all might like a sneak peek at a slightly longer clip. Enjoy!
“I know it doesn’t make sense,” he continued. “That’s what you said to me. Remember? And then you asked me to trust you. Now I’m asking you to trust me. I promise, I’ll make it up to you for all the lies. And some day, I’ll tell you what you want to know.”
He was awfully close, and awfully earnest, and I so-so wanted to believe that the only friend—the only living friend—I had was trustworthy.
“At least tell me you’re one of the good guys.”
I’d meant it as a joke, but he didn’t give me the rah-rah answer I expected. Instead, he said, “It’s…complicated. I can tell you that I will do everything in my power to keep you and Geordi safe from the Dioguardis, and the Rousseaux, and anyone else who tries to hurt you. But when you learn the truth…you may not want me to.”
His words made no sense, but they weren’t what I focused on now. His body was close. And the emotion in his eyes—the pain, the fear when he’d talked about me being dead, and now something more, something hot and urgent and unleashed—was enough to scorch me from the inside out, until I smoldered like a peat fire, burning toward the surface. It was hopeless. I was going to believe him, even though he’d revealed absolutely nothing.
“You’ll tell me everything?” I managed breathlessly, lost in the dark depths of his gaze.
He leaned in closer, his mouth hovering over mine as he breathed, “Everything…”
From DEBRIEFING THE DEAD, available now from The Wild Rose Press and other retailers!
Sorry I’ve been radio silent over the last couple of weeks. So much has been going on, I haven’t had time to post about it! (Speaking of which, have you checked out the events list in the right sidebar? I’ve got all my upcoming events in there, if you’re wondering what I’m up to, including…)
…that today, N.N. Light’s Book Heaven is featuring me as the Author Spotlight! I’m talking about ghosts, and would love to hear if you’ve met one. So hop on over and leave me a comment!
Also, USA Today Bestselling Author and Writer Friend Extraordinaire Lenora Bell is giving away a FREE copy of DEBRIEFING THE DEAD on her Facebook page. She’s posted one of my favorite short excerpts from the book, so stop by and leave a comment for a chance to win. (Already have a copy? Enter to win and gift it to someone else — I’m not picky! ;)) Giveaway runs until this Thursday May 24.
Then there’s my signing coming up at Jan’s Paperbacks in Beaverton, Oregon. And more giveaways/blog tours/release month madness in the works! Really — I can’t keep up with it all. I certainly don’t expect you to!!
Hope you’re all having as wonderful a month as I am!
DEBRIEFING THE DEAD is out TODAY, and to celebrate, I’m giving away TWO free copies, plus other goodies. Squee!!!! Hop on over to my Facebook page for deets/to enter:
And I’m interviewed on Tena Stetler’s Author’s Secrets blog:
Happy Book Birthday to me!!!
That’s FOUR ticks, followed by FOUR dots, because there’s FOUR days until DEBRIEFING THE DEAD is officially released! I’m gearing up for a number of celebratory events, including:
- Blog tour at Author Secrets – Monday May 7 (RELEASE DAY!)
- Facebook Giveaway #6 – DEBRIEFING THE DEAD – TWO winners, one ebook, one print + other random goodies! Also on Monday May 7 (RELEASE DAY – ARE YOU SENSING A THEME HERE???)
- Blog tour at M.S. Spencer – Tale Spinner – Tuesday May 29
- Signing at Jan’s Paperbacks in Beaverton, OR – Saturday June 2
Check back here, or on Facebook for deets/how to enter!