Check out my #Booksigning & #LaunchParty for DEBRIEFING THE DEAD @JansPaperbacks in #BeavertonOR! June 2 – 11a-2p. Chocolate, swag & chance to win FREE stuff! https://t.co/WJn82swfyl @KATUNews @KGWNews @fox12oregon @KOINNews @PdxPipeline @wilwrite #paranormal #ghost #urbanfantasy pic.twitter.com/JjDS4cbsDU
— Kerry Blaisdell (@kerryblaisdell1) May 27, 2018
I published part of this as a bite on Book+Main, but I thought y’all might like a sneak peek at a slightly longer clip. Enjoy!
“I know it doesn’t make sense,” he continued. “That’s what you said to me. Remember? And then you asked me to trust you. Now I’m asking you to trust me. I promise, I’ll make it up to you for all the lies. And some day, I’ll tell you what you want to know.”
He was awfully close, and awfully earnest, and I so-so wanted to believe that the only friend—the only living friend—I had was trustworthy.
“At least tell me you’re one of the good guys.”
I’d meant it as a joke, but he didn’t give me the rah-rah answer I expected. Instead, he said, “It’s…complicated. I can tell you that I will do everything in my power to keep you and Geordi safe from the Dioguardis, and the Rousseaux, and anyone else who tries to hurt you. But when you learn the truth…you may not want me to.”
His words made no sense, but they weren’t what I focused on now. His body was close. And the emotion in his eyes—the pain, the fear when he’d talked about me being dead, and now something more, something hot and urgent and unleashed—was enough to scorch me from the inside out, until I smoldered like a peat fire, burning toward the surface. It was hopeless. I was going to believe him, even though he’d revealed absolutely nothing.
“You’ll tell me everything?” I managed breathlessly, lost in the dark depths of his gaze.
He leaned in closer, his mouth hovering over mine as he breathed, “Everything…”
From DEBRIEFING THE DEAD, available now from The Wild Rose Press and other retailers!
Sorry I’ve been radio silent over the last couple of weeks. So much has been going on, I haven’t had time to post about it! (Speaking of which, have you checked out the events list in the right sidebar? I’ve got all my upcoming events in there, if you’re wondering what I’m up to, including…)
…that today, N.N. Light’s Book Heaven is featuring me as the Author Spotlight! I’m talking about ghosts, and would love to hear if you’ve met one. So hop on over and leave me a comment!
Also, USA Today Bestselling Author and Writer Friend Extraordinaire Lenora Bell is giving away a FREE copy of DEBRIEFING THE DEAD on her Facebook page. She’s posted one of my favorite short excerpts from the book, so stop by and leave a comment for a chance to win. (Already have a copy? Enter to win and gift it to someone else — I’m not picky! ;)) Giveaway runs until this Thursday May 24.
Then there’s my signing coming up at Jan’s Paperbacks in Beaverton, Oregon. And more giveaways/blog tours/release month madness in the works! Really — I can’t keep up with it all. I certainly don’t expect you to!!
Hope you’re all having as wonderful a month as I am!
DEBRIEFING THE DEAD is out TODAY, and to celebrate, I’m giving away TWO free copies, plus other goodies. Squee!!!! Hop on over to my Facebook page for deets/to enter:
And I’m interviewed on Tena Stetler’s Author’s Secrets blog:
Happy Book Birthday to me!!!
That’s FOUR ticks, followed by FOUR dots, because there’s FOUR days until DEBRIEFING THE DEAD is officially released! I’m gearing up for a number of celebratory events, including:
- Blog tour at Author Secrets – Monday May 7 (RELEASE DAY!)
- Facebook Giveaway #6 – DEBRIEFING THE DEAD – TWO winners, one ebook, one print + other random goodies! Also on Monday May 7 (RELEASE DAY – ARE YOU SENSING A THEME HERE???)
- Blog tour at M.S. Spencer – Tale Spinner – Tuesday May 29
- Signing at Jan’s Paperbacks in Beaverton, OR – Saturday June 2
Check back here, or on Facebook for deets/how to enter!
Also time for another giveaway! Contest will run until Wednesday April 11 at 8:59 PM PDT, and this time it’s for a print copy of LIFE AFTER DEATH by Sharan Saracino. Details here, and full giveaway schedule here. Cheers!
Due to a scheduling conflict, I’m changing the order of my upcoming COUNTDOWN TO RELEASE DAY MADNESS giveaways. The next giveaway will launch on TUESDAY 4/10, and will be for a brand-new print copy of Life After Death by Sharon Saracino. Be sure to check my Facebook page FMI.
Here’s the revised line-up for all my upcoming giveaways:
- 4/10-4/11: Life After Death by Sharon Saracino (Paranormal Romance – new print copy)
- 4/19-4/20: How the Duke Was Won by Lenora Bell (Historical Romance – AUTOGRAPHED COPY)
- 4/28-4/29: Dogged by J.L. Wilson (Romantic Mystery-Suspense – new print copy)
- 5/5-5/7: Debriefing the Dead by ME (SQUEE!!!) (Paranormal Adventure/Romance – TWO WINNERS – one will get an AUTOGRAPHED print copy, the other will get one digital copy from the e-tailer of your choice!)
1. Got up at 4:00 to head to the airport, leaving the mild, Spring-sprung NW for 20’s-30’s and snow in the Midwest.
2. Drove RIGHT OVER a downed powerline, coming out of our neighborhood (thank God for tires, because – DUH – the power was out and we didn’t see it until we were right on top of it)!
3. Am now sitting in the airport, waiting to board, sipping Perrier and contemplating the merits of peeing on land vs. the hassle of dragging all my stuff to the bathroom and back. It’s probably worth it, right? *lesigh*
Happy Saturday/30 Days to Go!!!